- Once you register for a program at Dunbar you become a member of the Dunbar Community Centre Association for a period of one year from the date your course starts.
- All members in good standing of the Dunbar Community Centre Association have voting rights at the annual general meeting, held each April at the Dunbar Community Centre.
Pick up your free Park Board One Card at any Vancouver community centre. Picture ID is required to issue a OneCard. Pictures are taken for our records and are not displayed on the OneCard. With the OneCard you can access the entire network of Park Board pools, rinks and fitness centres. At Dunbar Community Centre, the OneCard allows patrons to use the gymnasium, use games room equipment and occasionally use other rooms during non-programmed time on a drop-in basis. Restrictions and applicable fees may apply. Please see the front desk or call 604-222-6060 for more information.
Youth and full time students will receive a discount of 25% off the listed adult program fee at the time of registration if they register in person. ID is required.
Discounts are not applicable to one or two day workshops, special events, private lessons, golf lessons, outdoor adventures or where otherwise listed.
LEISURE ACCESS/PROGRAM SUBSIDES
- Program subsides through the City of Vancouver’s Leisure Access Program (LAP) are available for those on limited income.
- The Leisure Access Program allows Vancouver residents who are in financial need to access basic recreation programs at Park Board facilities at reduced cost. The LAP provides a range of benefits and discounts at Dunbar and most other participating community centres and Park Board operated fitness centres, pools and rinks.
- If you are unable to participate in Dunbar recreation programs because of limited income or financial resources, please talk with us to discuss your options.
- Please note that senior and youth admission rates are already discounted. If you are a senior or youth and qualify for the LAP any applicable discounts will be calculated based on the regular adult rate and not on the senior or youth rate. Leisure Access benefits are not transferable. Misused cards will be confiscated.
- For more info or to apply, talk with us at the front desk (604-222-6060 ‘1’) or visit the City of Vancouver Website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION
In the course of providing programs and services, the Dunbar Community Centre Association collects personal information from individuals who participate in our classes, workshops, projects, events, or rent rooms in the Centre. This information may be used for communication purposes regarding current or upcoming events, matters affecting the operations of the Dunbar Community Centre or the Dunbar Community Centre Association or its members, or for processing payments, or for statistical or human resource purposes, or for the provision of programs or services.
We respect the importance of protecting the personal information that we collect. For information on our privacy policies and practices contact us at 604-222-6060 ‘1’ or talk to a staff member at the front desk.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS & PROGRAM CHANGES
- At Dunbar we aim to run all scheduled programs, but sometimes we need to change or cancel on short notice. If this happens, we do our best to notify all attendees, and we will provide refunds for the cancelled classes. When possible, we will also run make-up classes at the end of a session.
- We encourage everyone to register early to avoid cancellations or changes due to insufficient registration.